Frequently Asked Questions

The first step in obtaining a copy of your marriage certificate is to complete the online marriage certificate application form. You can complete the form on the Registrar General’s Department (R.G.D) website at

Go to the following section at the bottom of the page and click on the “Apply Now” button:

Once you have completed the form correctly, click “Submit Application” located directly under the Marriage Certificate Application Form.

You can get the latest application fees here:

You can contact the Registrar General’s office directly at:

Address:Twickenham Park, St. Catherine

  • Nicole Muir says:

    Good Afternoon, that link to get the Pastors name does not work I have been trying since last week.

    • admin says:

      Hi Nicole:

      Please contact the Registrar General’s office directly at 876-619-1260. We are not affiliated with them so we cannot assist you in this matter.

  • Delroy watson says:

    Hello my name is Delroy

    Can you tell me how many copy of birth certificate am I allowed to have
    And also can my power of attorney apply and obtain marriage and birth certificate on my behalf.

    • admin says:

      Hello Delroy:

      The Jamaican Consulate in Atlanta does not handle any matters concerning the issuance of Jamaican marriage or birth certificates. These matters are only handled by the Registrar General’s Office in Jamaica. Please contact them directly at 876-619-1260 regarding Marriage or Birth Certificate matters.

      Jamaican Consulate Atlanta

  • Nicola says:

    I ordered duplicate marriage certificate on 3rd September which stayed up to 30 days for delivery to UK. This has not arrived please can you advise when I can expect delivery

    • admin says:

      Hello Nicola:

      We do not have anything to do with the issuance of marriage certificates. Also, our jurisdiction only covers the state of Georgia. Please contact the Registrar General’s Office in Jamaica at 876-619-1260 regarding Marriage or Birth Certificate matters.

      Jamaican Consulate Atlanta

  • Marissa says:

    Hello, I have tried twice to submit a request for a copy of my marriage license and have not gotten any response. I have filled the online form out twice. What else can I do?

    • admin says:

      Hi Marissa:

      Please try calling the Registrar General’s office in Jamaica. Sorry, we do not handle birth certificate matters at the Consulate.

  • Alison crowe says:

    Hi, I am trying to get a copy of my marriage certificate but I do not know the name of the lovely man that married us so I can’t complete the form on line.

    We were married in Montego Bay on the 12/11/14 and were only there for the day as we were on a cruise. My name is alison crowe (Lomas) and his name is John Crowe .

    Can you please let me know how I can find this information out,
    Many thanks

    • admin says:

      Hi Allison:

      Thanks for your question.

      If you scroll to the bottom of the “Marriage Certificate” section on the Registrar General’s website you will see a section labeled “Don’t know your marriage officer’s name – Click Here”

      Click on the button and follow the instructions.

  • Comment on this FAQ

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Load More